Having a collection of php libraries in one places will help you get your job done faster. It help me, so I share my list. I’ll keep update the list with more libraries.
- Smarty – php template engine with many features, such as caching, filter, plugin system and many more.
- eZ components
Use this geoip library to locate your user.
Dealing with an e-commerce site? Need payment solution? Don’t worry. Let this library help you.
- PHP Payment Library – PHP Payment Library for Paypal, Authorize.net and 2Checkout (2CO)
For Test-driven development lover, these library will help you get your heart at home.
- SimpleTest – PHP unit test and web test framework.
- PHPUnit – Member of the xUnit family of testing frameworks and provides both a framework that makes the writing of tests easy as well as the functionality to easily run the tests and analyse their results.
Need to generate your report in Excel file. Well, you better have this library on your side.
- php-excel – Very simple library for generating excel documents from php on-the-fly.
- PHP Excel Reader – Parse and retrieve information from XLS files.
- My Twitter by Andres Scheffer.
- Twitter by Felix Oghina.
- TwitterLibPHP by Justin Poliey.
- Arc90_Service_Twitter by Matt Williams.
- PHP Twitter by Aaron Brazell, original code from David Billingham.
- PEAR Services_Twitter by Joe Stump and David Jean Louis.
- PHP Twitter by Tijs Verkoyen. BSD Licensed.
- Twitter-async by Jaisen Mathai.
- API CodeIgniter Library by Eliot Haughin.
- Phirehose by Fenn Bailey.
- Zend_Service_Twitter from Zend Framework
Writing SQL Query isn’t really exciting. These library let you smile more.
- ADOdb – Database abstraction library for PHP.
- Doctrine – Object relational mapper (ORM) for PHP 5.2.3+ that sits on top of a powerful database abstraction layer (DBAL).
- Propel – Object-Relational Mapping framework for PHP5
- Outlet – an Open source object-to-relational mapping tool for PHP.
More and more website use OpenID as login system, so why don’t you?
- PHP OpenID Library
- Simple OpenID PHP Class
- OpenID component for CakePHP
- sfOpenIDPlugin for Symfony
- Improved Simple OpenID for PHP
- Saeven.net’s JanRain Service Utility Class
- NetMesh InfoGrid LID
- Zend Framework OpenID Component
Don’t like PHP mail function? Put this library on your project, and you have more features when dealing with email.
- Swift Mailer – Free Feature-rich PHP Mailer.
- PHPMailer - Powerful email transport class with a big features and small footprint.
Want to build web service? Take some look at this libraries.
Filtering spam? These libraries will help you.
- PHP5 OOP Interface By Stig Manning
- 20 Great PHP Libraries You Need to Know
- 101 PHP Tutorials for PHP Programmer Wannabe
- PHP Tips and Tricks
- 4 Simple PHP RSS Parser
- Using Django template in PHP