I love Django pluggable applications. Basically you just need to install the application, and you’re done. How many hours do you spend to create registration system for your new project? Well, in Django you just need to use django-registration, set up the urls and everything is up and running. In this way you can save time and focus to your business logic.
This is 10 Django applications I can’t live without.
- django-registration – I use this application in every Django project.
- django-pagination – In most application, you will need to paginate your list, so django-pagination come to rescue.
- django-tagging – Add tagging system to your application, you can easy tag your model or display tag cloud.
- south – Django lack of migration tool, so south add this functionality for you.
- sorl-thumbnail – Create thumbnail image as simple as possible.
- haystack – This application add full text search capability to your application. Currently it support Solr, Whoosh and Xapian.
- django-piston – Need to add REST API to your website? This application will help you.
- django-debug-toolbar – Really nice to have when developing Django project.
- django-extensions – Add much utilities to your Django.
- django-contact-form – Most website has contact form, so save your time by using this application.
What is your 10 Django applications you can’t live without?